Tuesday 1 March 2011

Negative meanings...

I found this picture on the internet,


'These flowers look so real from a distance that you probably can’t tell that they are hand-felted from wool. They are beautifully hand-crafted by Netherlands based artist Reya Veltman.
'
It made me think more conceptually about what we want to achieve and when Khuyen shared those photos and their negatives and it made me wonder about how we could incorporate the issue of something being a 'negative' of something else. Like this flowers in the picture are facing downward, not growing in the direction we assume them to be.
If we could surprise people like this with our own final work I think that would be great, to offer a different perspective to what they see on a daily basis.
If this sounds good to everyone I think it would work in our favor to have a multi-layer of meanings/theories/concepts. But obviously not so much that we don't even remember what they are =P

1 comment:

  1. I like the negative aspect to it, it reminds me of Fischli and Weiss's work, making a object that looks real but in actual fact its not. I like this idea and I think we could develop it?

    ReplyDelete